Friday, March 20, 2009

Mic. 6:7 "Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?"

What due can we render to the Lord Almighty for our sins? All that has ever proceeded from our bodies has been defiled by the inherent sin of humankind. The sin that we view as most treacherous, in all reality came directly from our wicked sinful heart. The transgression of Gods holy law, has been the separating force that has withdrawn us from his blessed presence. The righteousness that we claim as our own will be to no avail as it is tainted by the leprosy of our sin. When we view that righteousness, as God sees it, we can realize, that, it is the force that is actually keeping us from him. Naaman the leper found that his awful disease was ruining his life, and ran to the man of God for his cure. There is where we will find healing as well; for "faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word"(Rom. 10:17) and "how shall they hear without a preacher"(Rom. 10:14). Would God be satisfied with the sacrifice of our body... an emphatic no should be heard. Can we render ourselves as servants to God in such a sinful state... once again no! The lepers in Israel were placed without the camp where the presence of God was, so as not to defile his elect. True today, spiritually, there is a line of demarcation between the saved and lost, they cannot enter into the congregation of the Lord without first having been cleansed. What a grand privilege to be cleansed from such a terrible disease! Where did it come from, not from any fruit of our body, but in the work of our great high priest Jesus. Thank God today Christian that the fruit of our body is not required of us, but the blood of his was sufficient to wash, cleanse, and purify us when he "bare our sins in his body on the tree"(1Pet 2:24). There is no greater thought to me than that all my sins were laid on him and I shall not owe any price for the sins of my soul.
"My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought,
My sin not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to his cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord oh my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment